Bridge helps students develop and access:
- Connections. Bridge provides networking opportunities through our social events for students, alumni, faculty, and professionals, partnerships with other Wagner and NYU student clubs, participation in NYU and New York conferences, and connections to professional organizations both within and outside of New York City. Bridge also links students directly to professionals in the field through Linkedin, Facebook, and Wagnet.
- Skills. Bridge offers members opportunities to translate their enthusiasm for social innovation into practical, hands-on experience through workshops and seminars to hone specific entrepreneurial and professional skills.
- Career Opportunities. Bridge provides members information and advice on career opportunities and events, as well as courses on social innovation across NYU’s graduate schools. In partnership with Wagner’s Office of Career Services, Bridge advocates for increased career opportunities in social entrepreneurship.
- Innovative and Entrepreneurial Curriculum. Bridge advocates to the Wagner administration for the incorporation of social innovation and entrepreneurial courses and curricula that bridge the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
Types of events Bridge hosts and co-hosts:
- Themed conferences, including the NYU’s Social Enterprise Bootcamp and Social Innovation Symposium
- Happy hours with fellow Wagner students and alumni, as well as students from other NYU schools
- Skill Building Workshops and Networking Events for Current and Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- Office of Career Services Career Panels
- Social Events, Including the Bridge Bash Fall Kickoff
- Spring Break Trek to New Orleans
Bridge is a Wagner based student and professional group that seeks to connect students and professionals working and interested in social entrepreneurship and innovation. We believe that innovative solutions to entrenched social problems lie at the intersection of the public, private and non-profit sectors. We provide members opportunities to connect with students, academics and professionals in this space, learn about innovative approaches in the field through discussions and hands on experience, and develop professional skills that will help prepare them for a successful career in social innovation.
Connect with Bridge.